Our IN THE BLACK Tour was a huge success. Hundreds of women attended our events across the U.S. – in Fort Pierce, Savannah, Oakland, and Detroit. We can all say without a doubt, the eclectic programming did not disappoint!
To top it off, during our Keys To Success Community pitch competition, we awarded six entrepreneurs with funding to help enhance or launch their business. Out of a pool of 3,000 applicants, the following winners were chosen:
- First Place: Brittany Amber Rhodes — Black Girl MATHgic
- Second Place: Deana Neely — Detroit Voltage, LLC
- Third Place: Tiannna Ameena James — Bamboo Beauty
- Kiana Harris — Sit and Stay Pet Care Services, LLC
- Ashley Renee Causey — Afrocentric Montessori
- Alicia M. Kidd — The Wine Noire
- Yasmine Arrington — IncarciCare
To date, Keys to Success has awarded more than $225,000 to female business owners.
Stay tuned, our traditional program will resume in Naples, Fla., at the Odyssey Network Business Retreat 2020.
Keys to Success is a unique program designed by women to address the No. 1 challenge that multicultural female business owners face: access to capital.
Odyssey Media deeply understands the inherent fear and apprehension that multicultural women, especially black women, can experience when pitching their businesses, negotiating with investors, and applying for credit lines or traditional loans.