Terms and Conditions—Odyssey Media Contest
The Winner as selected by the Contest Judges, will be awarded the cash prize. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decision of the Contest Judges.
- Ideas and expansion concepts presented must be from multicultural women.
- It is acceptable for an idea or concept to be already funded before this competition by personal or family funds, seed capital from outside investors, or modest amounts of funding from institutional or research grants.
- The idea or expansion concept must be the original work of the individual. Ideas and concepts deemed by the Organizing Committee to be fake, insincere, offensive, immoral, or unethical will be disqualified.
- The Organizing Committee has the sole discretion to disqualify and/or remove any individual or teams for any reason that it deems appropriate before and/or during the competition for violation of these rules. All decisions regarding an individual’s removal and/or disqualification from the pitch competition are final.
- All participants and winners must be U.S. residents and over the age of 18 at the time of entry.
- Employees of Posh Communications, Odyssey Media, sponsors and any other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and household members) are not eligible.
- The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Entry and Registration:
- The Organizing Committee (“Committee”) will select the participants from the pool of registrants. Participants must register online before the deadline. The competition is open to multicultural-female entrepreneurs.
- Submissions may be entered as individuals
Do not include confidential material in your submissions. Odyssey is not responsible or liable to enforce a prohibition of confidentiality on other competitors, audience members, or the Judges who review competitor’s materials from sharing the idea and/or any materials. Sharing your idea or concept may be deemed a public disclosure. You should consult with a patent attorney before entering the competition. Odyssey is not responsible for any confidentiality issues that could occur during the course of the competition and will not be involved in any way with disputes arising therefrom. Competitors are required to exclude any proprietary information from disclosure in this Contest.
Release and Limitations of Liability
Release – By participating in the Contest each participant and winner agrees to release and hold harmless Posh Communications and Odyssey Media, their subsidiaries, sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives and agents (hereinafter “the Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including but not limited to (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including but not limited to hardware or software malfunctions; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c)mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d)any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including without limitation errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the processing of entries, applications, or downloading of Contest related materials; or (e) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability shall be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event, shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Publicity; Use of Personal Information
By participating all participants and winners grant Posh Communications and Odyssey Media the exclusive right to publicize and utilize Contestant/Winner’s likeness and name in connection with the Contest or future Contest promotion. Winner must produce valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Posh Communications and Odyssey Media will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
In addition to the provisions above, each entrant agrees that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Florida. All issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be pursuant to Florida law.